Advertisement

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits



This is a recipe I found from an app on my phone.  I LOVE these things when I go to Red Lobster, and now I've tweaked the recipe a little more and got them almost perfect.

-Preheat oven to 400 F

-In a large mixing bowl, combine (work the dough, but not too much):
  - 2 1/2 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
  - 3/4 cup Cold Whole (or 2%) Milk
  - 4 TBS Cold Butter (1/2 stick)
  - 1/4 TSP Garlic Powder (I probably do a little more)
  - 1/4 TSP Garlic Salt (This wasn't in the original recipe, but I add it do the batter mix)
  - 1 cup (heaping) Grated Cheddar Cheese

-Drop dough on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 1/4 cup in size (ice cream scoop)

-Melt 2 TBS butter in microwave, then add some parsley flakes and about 1/2 TSP of Garlic Salt to butter

-Brush the melted butter mixture on top of the dough, but save some to repeat after cooking

-I usually add more parsley and garlic salt to the top of the biscuits before I cook them

-Bake for about 16 minutes until the tops are light brown

-Add more of the melted butter mixture on the tops & serve

I can usually get about 15 biscuits from one batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment