Advertisement

Friday, November 11, 2011

Problems With....The Beast


So I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 that I bought from my dad in 2007.  I haven't had any major problems with it...until now.  And yes, it got the nickname of The Beast.

So I brought it in today for the 100,000mi tune-up since it has over 107,000 miles on it.  The check engine light was on and Auto Zone said it was low fuel pressure.  The good news is that the dealership said it was the gas cap and can put a new one on...no biggie right?

Well, then lately I've felt a vibration in the front end and sometimes could feel bumps even though I was on a smooth road.  I guess the front left hub is bad and is about to fall off.  So that's gonna cost about $500 to fix.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the water pump is leaking really bad.  Of course now that winter is almost here, I can't have that through these Chicago winters, so that'll be another $500.

So with the tune-up and all of this other work, my bill will be about $1500.

Let's just hope that's all that's wrong with it and I'll get many more years out of that truck.  Its been good to me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment