Advertisement

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thankful For Friends

I might not have very many friends anymore, I guess I never really had too many ever.  My childhood consisted of moving every couple of years before I was in 6th grade.  Because of that, I never really got close to anyone.  I never had that "childhood friend" that people sometimes grow up with.  It made it hard for me to get close to people because I was always afraid we were going to move again.

Once we got to Texas, I was in 6th grade.  I'm not sure if people were just friendlier down there than the other places I lived or what, but I immediately started talking to a few people.  I never really did that before, I usually just kept to myself.  I didn't let myself get real close to anyone because I never knew if we were going to move or not.

The middle school years passed and then came high school.  By this time, we were in Texas for 3 years.  There were talks of my dad relocating again, meaning we would have to move.  So once again, I still didn't get real close to anyone.  I never dated anyone until 1999, and that was long distance.  My first "local" relationship was in Feb. 2000, and I was already a Senior.

Over the years, I've actually gotten close with a few people.  I've lost contact with some of them over the years, which I regret.

With all that said, I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me over the years.  You guys all mean a lot to me and I can only hope that I can be as good of a friend to you as you have been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment